It is exciting to plan a trip to Central Asia. From the magnificent architecture to the incredible historical exhibits, there is a wide range of sightseeing attractions. It attracts good number of visitors every year and the reason behind is its relaxed climate. It is an opportunity to explore the vast valleys, beautiful rivers, tall mountain ranges and great deserts of the region. There are certain factors that need to be taken into consideration when planning a trip to Central Asia.
1. Location of the Central Asia tour – Most travelers have a limited time-frame to enjoy journey. It is significant to pick the destination as per the personal liking. Each country has exclusive features. Hence, the traveler should analyse the qualities of each of it before deciding the destination. The countries in Central Asia that attracts visitors are Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan. Afghanistan attracts lesser amount of tourists as compared to Uzbekistan due to its history of long war, starvation and political rivalry. However, places like Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan attracts many. The wilderness and the amazing sightseeing of these countries make them perfect places of visit.
2. Time of visit – The adventurers may want to discover these lands at the time of winter. The nature lovers might find it hard to bear the chilling winters of the mountains regions of Tajikistan and Kyrgyzstan. The winter can often touch its peak even in October. The lovely weather from spring to fall makes this the apt time to pay a visit and plan a perfect Central Asia Travel.
3. Language – Most holidaymakers find it hard to communicate freely with the locals. The people here are not familiar with English. Only the youths of these nations have taken the initiative to learn English. The tourists might have to depend on a guide or interpreter. Those who have planned Central Asia tour package well in advance can spend some time to learn the Latin or Cyrillic alphabets. It is not so tough to learn the ABCs of the language. The best is to carry a dictionary for guidance.
4. Accommodation – It is significant to pick from a range of accommodation amenities available. In Central Asia, it is easy to find a variety of home stays, resorts and hotels. Most of these in the Silk Road cities are suitable for families. However, even the individual travellers and Central Asia group tours are always welcomed. The home stays are appropriate, especially when there are huge crowd of tourists flowing in to these nations from different parts of the world.
5. Transportation facilities – The tourists have no reason to worry about moving around as there are amazingly good mode of transport available. Buses, minivans, taxis, and trains make it easy for the people to reach any of their favourite destinations.
6. Popular food items – There is less option for vegetarians, so be ready to face the difficult times as the locals here are fond of meat, especially mutton. Those who love spices and aromas should taste the tasty varieties of food available here that can stimulate their taste buds.
7. Appropriate clothing – It is not easy to find suitable clothing unless you know the specific characteristics of the places of your visit. In a few parts of Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan, it will be really appreciable there if you shield your legs and shoulders too. You can even think of putting a head scarf to blend in with the locals. However, in cities here, you will find many women wearing shorts too.
Checkout Central Asia travel packages from India at unbeatable prices only at Central Asia Guided Tours.